Sunday, March 27, 2011

Giraffe Jungle



Celeste made my day when she asked me to make a cake with a zoo/jungle theme with a emphasis on giraffes! I'd been waiting to do a fun cake like this. The bottom tier is chocolate with an Oreo cream filling and the top tier is a white cake with strawberry filling, it's frosted in buttercream and covered in fondant. It's all edible, even the number and giraffe :) Looking at it now I realize something...I forgot to draw an ear for Mr. Elephant! LOL...oops. Oh well, you can still tell its an elephant right? And i'm sure little Miss Madelynn won't mind :) Happy 4th Birthday!! I hope your day is filled with lots of fun and laughter. Thank You Celeste for the order.

2 comments:

  1. Mady loved her cake so much. She told her parents that for her birthday she wanted to meet a giraffe. The day before she went to the Phoenix Zoo to meet her giraffe so this cake was perfect to end her birthday. Thanks so much Tomi, your work is amazing.
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm soooo happy she loved the cake. I ejoyed making it...the colors definetely made it fun. You're welcome, anytime you need a cake, don't hesitate to call.

    ReplyDelete