Saturday, March 26, 2011

D-Backs



This was a fun cake to make. I wish I got a top angle view of it though so you could see that the cap and ball are sitting on top of home plate. When Linsey ordered the cake and mentioned he likes baseball and that his favorite team are the Diamondbacks I knew I just had to make a baseball cap. The 7 on the cap is representative of his age. This cake is chocolate with Oreo cream filling frosted in buttercream and covered in fondant. From what she was telling me, he's been pretty excited about the cake so i'm keeping my fingers crossed he loves it. Kids are usually the toughest critics :) Happy Birthday Caiden, I hope you had an awesome day. And a big Thank You to Linsey for the order!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! He absolutely LOVED it, actually everyone did! Not only was it the coolest looking cake ever, it tasted delicious! My girls are already talking about how they want their cake to be for their birthday in June. 8)
    Thanks again,
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! You're welcome. That puts a smile on my face! So happy it was enjoyed. Thank You for the order. I'm looking forward to the cake in June. :)

    ReplyDelete