Saturday, October 8, 2011

Vase for a collector :)

**it's been a few weeks since i've posted so i apologize


Heather ordered this cake for her mom's birthday. She sent me a couple of pictures of the types of vases she collects. Both pictures were very nice and so I knew i had to incorporate the vase on the cake for sure. I'm pretty sure they're glass...if not maybe porcelain. The colors were similar to how i colored the cake and they had flowers embossed on the side, so i made it a point to do the same. I was real pleased with how the cake turned out and both Heather and her mom loved it too. Her mom even called me afterward to thank me :) so that of course made my day! I'm usually really good writing down in detail the order in my calendar but for whatever reason i can't find this entry...so i hope im not wrong in remembering what the flavor was. It was a chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and strawberry filling frosted in buttercream and covered in fondant. This for sure was another fun cake order from Heather...she's got another one coming up that i'm looking forward to as well. Thank You Heather!!

1 comment:

  1. I know this vase is PRICELESS! Once again Tomi out did herself,she made my moms birthday amazing. She still talks about this cake and made this Hull Vase collector the envy of all her friends. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete