Thursday, February 24, 2011
Lemon and Spice is oh so nice.
Can I start by saying how sweet this cake smelled...oh it was just too much yumminess to handle! The top tier was a white cake with lemon mousse filling frosted in a lemon buttercream. The bottom tier was spice cake with cream cheese frosting...yummo! This was ordered for my friend's grandmother's 100th Birthday. How amazing is that? It's such an incredible milestone. It amazes me to just think about what all she's seen. Now being the perfectionist I am, I just couldn't get the "messy" look to the bottom tier quite right. I know, I know, it supposed to look like that, but it was almost as if it needed to have some kind of rhythm in fluffiness, if that makes any sense to you at all. Nonetheless, the cake turned out cute. The flowers added that touch of delicate I was going for. It was mentioned when ordering the cake that one of the hobbies enjoyed was knitting and crocheting so what better way to incorporate that then to have a ball of yarn with knitting needle topper? The ball of yarn was cake and the yarn look was made using fondant. So here's to starting off a new year as a centenarian! Happy 100th Birthday! Thank you Michelle for the order, i hope you all enjoyed it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment