


Remember a few posts back...the pink and green 2 tier stacked cake i made for the baby shower? well this cake was for the baby! I can't believe she's already a year old. I'm so happy her mama asked me to make her first birthday cake :) i wanted it to be perfect and girly and fun all rolled into one. She had a couple of requests, the first was to make the cake with low sugar and the second was to incorporate lillies for her Lily :) Honestly this is one of the first orders i've had with a low sugar request so there was some challenge there but i'm really happy with the results. I decided to bake an applesauce cake with apple filling, frosted in a low sugar cream cheese icing that is so yummy you'd never believe there was hardly sugar in it! I topped the cake with fondant, which unfortunetly I haven't found a low sugar solution because fondant is all sugar! I'll be working in my lab (my kitchen) to find a low sugar option though :) I finished the cake with a turtle/garden theme and voila! Seriously, not trying to toot my own horn here or anything but how stinking cute is this!!!??? I hope everyone loves it as much as I do. Happy Birthday Lily!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment