Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's a Boy!




Heather ordered this baby shower cake for a friend of hers. It's a white cake with raspberry filling frosted in buttercream and covered in fondant. She told me I had free creative control over the cake so that was fun. The bottom tier is actually designed after the baby shower party decor and because the baby is a boy i wanted the top tier to be all blue. The stork sitting atop the cake is holding a sign that reads Congratulations Aerie and Jason! Notice the toys? cute right? I made the small toys out of fondant. There's the teddy bear, the baseball and bat, the football, the Mr. Potato Head and the donut rings. I'll admit, when I was making the toys my mind went blank...I had to stop and think about what little boys play with because all i know are CareBears, Barbies and tea sets :) But i think it came together well. I hope the momma to be loves it! Congratulations and i'm so happy i was able to make the party just a bit sweeter ;) Thank you Heather for the order, you're fabulous!

1 comment:

  1. This cake stole the show!!!! Everyone loved it especially the mommy to be :} Once again you out did yourself,and that's why we keep ordering cakes! You are AWESOME>>>>>>>

    ReplyDelete