Sunday, September 4, 2011
Hunger Games
I made this cake a few weeks ago and am just now getting around to posting the pics. I'm telling you, with this new schedule i've got...i have zero time. The phrase "running late" is a daily thing for now :) My friend and co-worker Jennifer ordered this for her daughter Megan's Sweet 16 birthday. She loves this post-apocolyptic story book series and so her mom wanted a cake to reflect that interest. I've never read any of the books but I hear it's being made into a movie, so i may have to read it :) Since I took the order not knowing anything about it, Jennifer was the mastermind behind the design. She gave me the ideas for the flames because in the book, a character dresses in a flames costume. The book also has different districts. There isn't a 16th district but I used it to represent the birthday. The top of the cake is supposed to replicate the Mockingjay pin from the cover of the books. Megan's requests were that it were in black fondant, it's had a topsy turvy design and the cake was white with oreo cream filling. Megan, I hope your 16th birthday was amazing. Sorry it took me a few weeks to get these posted. And a big thanks to Jennifer for all the help and of course the order! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


amazingness!
ReplyDelete